Your MBN membership can be likened to taking out a gym membership. You will never achieve your weight loss or body building or fitness goals if you don’t show up and if you don’t WORK hard.
It’s for this reason that I would like to remind you to take full advantage!
Always be thinking visibility and credibility.
First, it’s important to think about what your goals are:
- Meet new people
- Grow your contact base
- Get referrals and grow your business
- Build self-confidence or confidence in your product
- Meet fellow entrepreneurs
- Something else?
Now think about what you need to do to make that happen.
(You can checkoff the ones that are important to you to help you achieve your netWORK goal/s.)
Remember to always be thinking visibility and credibility.
- Attend the meetings (Gives visibility)
- Being at the meetings reminds people about you. It also gives you an opportunity to remind your ”sales team” about what you are looking for that month and how they can assist you.
- Use the Facebook group (Gives visibility)
- The Facebook group is for anyone. If I see a testimonial, I will share it on the Facebook page as well. So, if you have received good service from a fellow member, let us know. Share your business info with us on the group.
- Keep your advert fresh and up to date on the website (Gives visibility)
- You can refresh your advert, add video and new photos as often as you like. This keeps your advert fresh and at the front of the directory. Take advantage of this benefit and update regularly.
- Do the HTNLP (How to netWORK like a pro) training (Gives credibility)
- This course will help you to understand the benefits of netWORKing, how to effectively netWORK and give you tips and tricks to get the most from your netWORK events. A must for all new netWORKers and those wanting to take their netWORKing to the next level. We are currently working on an online version. We’ll keep you posted.
- Offer a special to your fellow members (Gives visibility and credibility)
- We already have a lot of special offers for you as a member to take advantage of. By using your fellow member, you get great rates and you get to sample their service making it easier to refer them. Give your fellow netWORKers the same benefit by offering something in return. It also gives you additional exposure on the “partners” page as well as the “home page”.
- Write a BLOG (Gives visibility and credibility)
- Writing a blog about something relevant to business people in your network, will let them know that you are an expert in your field and gives them the confidence to refer you with pride and ease.
- Login to the website to submit yours today!
- Add your events to the website (Gives visibility and credibility)
- Login to the website to submit your events
- Have coffee connects
- Having coffee with members outside of the netWORK events is a great way to strengthen and deepen the business relationship. It helps you to understand more about how you can help each other to be more successful.
- I suggest having one per week.
- Give testimonials and say thank you
- At the end of our netWORK meeting, there is an opportunity for testimonials and thank yous. Think about whose services you have used in the past month, if they did a good job, give a verbal testimonial. It is incredibly powerful for them and you. You can follow that up with a written testimonial for Facebook or our testimonial book.
- Saying “thank you” shows your appreciation to whoever helped you to receive. This could be business, but it could also be a thank you for achieving the netWORKing goals you set yourself. A reminder that you are on the right track!
You do not have to do all of these at once but decide what you need to do and then start doing it!
Feel free to discuss any of these points with me in more detail.
CEO and founder of Mauritius Business Network